Thursday, February 14, 2013

Post-Valentine's Day Gushing (and some Ukulele playing)

Justin already wrote about our wonderful Valentine's day, but I thought I'd take the opportunity to talk a little bit about HIM. :) Cuz... that's what I wanna do, and I'm the Megan, so no arguing.

Top Five Six Things I Love About My Man

1)      He’s a geek. Of course this is number one. Just look at the title of this blog! While it’s long been known that I’ve been attracted to the specimen “Geekius Nerdicus,” Justin and my tastes just line up so perfectly. He loves video games and movies, he loves science and learning. He’s intelligent. He has a desire to cosplay as Malcolm Reynolds. He loves doing impersonations. His favorite Muppet is Beaker. Just… everything. I love it.

2)      His zest for life. This one is hard to explain. I guess… the way he lights up when he is in good company or talking about something he’s passionate about. The way he wants to spread joy to other people. Just the very manner he carries himself that is warm and inviting. His small adventurous streak that makes him enjoy concerts and aquariums and travelling and hiking. All of it. I just love it. 

3)      His patience. Good god, this man is patient. No matter how many times I phone him up panicking about one thing or another, no matter how many of my anxieties bubble to the surface, he has never once told me it was too much. He’s there for me. He is one of the only people ever in my life who has been there for me so thoroughly.

4)      His lawful good nature. Justin loves Superman because he is so much the embodiment of truth, justice and goodness in the world. He’s that kind of person. He just wants to be kind to everyone. He believes in the good things of this world and trusts in the goodness of others. He’s an optimist. He just wants the best for everyone. He’s a big ol’ bear. Oh, but don’t mess with anyone he cares about. Or else you’ll get the claws. I love that he’s so protective, and stands up for the right thing.

5)      He’s gorgeous. Oh come on, I couldn’t not mention this. He denies it, but seriously, this man is so handsome I pinch myself to make sure I’m still awake. Everything from his curly hair to his Joseph Gordon-Levitt eyes to his shoulders to his height to his arms to his feet. And when he smiles? That’s when he’s the most handsome. Hands down.

6)      He loves me for me. Everything about me. This is hugely important, because I don’t think I’ve ever have had this happen before. Justin will pause and look at me on skype, with blemishes all over my face, and my hair a rat’s nest, wearing a ratty old t-shirt and Cookie Monster pj bottoms, and he just smiles and goes “You’re so pretty!” And he means it. I know in my heart he doesn’t just love me despite my faults. He loves me AND my faults. He loves me for me. And I love him for him.

Of course these are not the ONLY things I love about Justin. I’m sure if I wanted to, I could name a bajillion other things. And I’m sure once I’ll post this I’ll be like “OOOH! NO WAIT! I WANNA ADD THIS!!” But these were the things that popped to mind first and foremost.

Oh, and as an added bonus – here I am, playing a song, for Justin, on my ukulele, as a delayed Valentine’s present. I only did two takes, and yes, the cleavage is to distract you from my blemished face and my terrible singing...and my messy room.... ^_~ <3


No comments:

Post a Comment