Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Very Foxy Valentines Day

I am going to do a thing now where when I am working on a post for our site I am going to grab a song that I like and put it on infinite looper while I work. As I am sure you can guess the first time I did this it was with Rusted Root's “Send Me On My Way”. Well this time I have chosen “Killing it” by Foxy Shazam. If you have never heard of this band you should check them out. They have been a favorite of mine for the last year and I fully intend on seeing them in concert. Any ways now on to the main event the reason you are all here: Obligatory Valentines Day post!

It has dawned on me that neither myself or Megan have said why we are doing this blog. Her and I have been together for 5 months and we are a long distance relationship. So in addition to us talking on the phone or Skype we decided to take a Vlog Brothers approach as well and do a blog as a third major means of communicating ideas and video to each other and of course anybody that would like to view it!

I promise one day we will both recount how we met but right now I'd like to detail our Valentines day with each other. Megan had this wonderful idea that we should have a date even though we couldn't be with each other. She suggested that we get the same kind of take out, Set up our web cams, have dinner “across from each other”, and finally watch a movie on Netflix. Which of course I was completely on board with doing. It was perfectly dorky and a whole lot of geeky.

Thus the plans were made we were to meet online at 6:00 with sushi from our favorite places, some chocolates and one of my favorite movies Clue. It was really fantastic; I ordered a spicy crunch roll and it came with nine pieces of sushi and she got her Philly roll and California Roll.

It was the best Valentines day I had ever had and it is pretty much guaranteed that it will be a tradition to go and bring sushi home as opposed to going out. I am so very thankful for the happiness she brings me. I love you Megan and Happy Valentines Day.

Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment