Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Digital Paint

It's time for Megan's corner! :D

So, before I went to school for animation, I dropped out of school for painting. Just shy of graduation too, because I realized just how little I knew about actually supporting myself with my art. I could paint a picture (little thanks to my school, actually), but didn't know how to actually make a living off of it.

At the time, I would go to school and paint realistic (or surrealistic) pictures, or draw from models, or whatever, and then, in secret, at home, using a cheap Wacom tablet and a questionable version of Photoshop, I'd draw fanart pictures. Mainly Teen Titans and Avatar, but other things as well. It was my escape.

Now, I'm drawing cartoons all the time, and I'm thinking "Man.... I just want to paint a pretty picture."

So I did.


I came across this picture on this blog and just felt inspired. So... that's what I did. Now, back to homework!

~Megan

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this is amazing! Is there any chance you could send me a copy? andreahornbuckle@gmail.com. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! i love what you did here. such a sweet photo indeed! :]

    ReplyDelete