Thursday, February 28, 2013

Part 5: The Destruction of a Southern Spine!

Hey everyone,

I have been pretty sick and I just haven't felt up to posting. Cough, fever, sinuses, and just general flu sadness. I know it's kind of pathetic but between work and fighting this craziness I have just been super tired. Thank you to my amazing girl friend, Megan, who was so caring the whole time.

So today I feel like being southern, so I have Darius Rucker's “Southern State of Mind” on infinite loop and I am starting to feel much better. Last time I gave y’all a chunk of the story Mary-Sue had just moved down from the north and she was renting an apartment that she wasn't really staying in. She instead had agreed to split the rent with some douche bag at her job.

One little detail I left out last time was that I happened to know this guy from earlier in high school. I hated him at the time he was a bully; he constantly harassed me. To tell you the truth he was so low on my priorities list that I do not even remember what the pathetic fly used to do to me but at the time I remembered him very well.

Any ways back to the story. Mary had all but moved in with us. She was staying every night and eating food with us. My mom had kind of pulled me aside a few times and very simply asked me why she was here so much and I am sure that I just made a bunch of excuses for her. Actually that is exactly what I did I wish I could remember any of those finer details. I hope I wasn't to belligerent with her. Now I know a lot of this seems kind of grown-up so let me remind you that at this time I was a senior in high school and only 17.

My folks did not allow us to stay in the same room when she stayed over. She had to sleep in the living room. While I got my bed. That didn’t last very long. Me thinking that I was being a gentleman always let her take my bed. She quickly took advantage of this and would kind of passively guilt me into sleeping on the couch while she got the bed. It got to a point where I very specifically remember a time where I broke down in tears because I was so tired and just wanted a bed to rest in – I know pathetic.

I feel bad for my parents and family through all of this. My parents tried so hard to get me to see what she was doing. They were afraid that if they made the wrong move they would push me away even further than I was already drifting. I knew I wasn't happy and I saw what they saw and every now and again I would break down but that is a different story.

Any ways Mary had yet to be evicted because rent was being paid but mostly by the douche bag. I had a bad feeling about this guy and I knew I didn't want him there. Mary and I decided we would make a surprise visit to make sure he wasn't doing anything that would get us in trouble. We drove over while he was at work.

We opened the door and the place was a sty. It wasn't destroyed but there was stuff every where. Including ashtrays and beer bottles. It was strictly a no smoking property. I took some time to look around further. I found pot and bongs and all kinds of stuff that would have reflected on us and not him. Legally he wasn't supposed to be there. I disposed of all of it and left a note that I'm sure was harshly written. HA, I should have called the cops. I am sure I didn't so that Mary wouldn't get in trouble. I remember the note left some kind of ultimatum and it informed him that we'd be back.

We would be back and in only a few weeks or so and what we would find would be just unreal.

-Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment