Sunday, February 10, 2013

2006: The year Pluto was kicked out of the U.N. for ignoring sanctions on nuclear weapons.

The Great Plan

The year is 2006 and I have started my senior year of high school. Senior year for me was pretty great I finished all but one of my core classes and all the remained was Economics. After that I got to spend my whole day as an intern and then in my second semester I spent the whole day interning! It was great.

I had the coolest job as an intern doing what I loved. I essentially worked for my teacher in video broadcast. We spent our days teaching students, shooting the School news, going off campus to shoot movies and short films. We got to work with some really nice people in the film and broadcast industry. By eighteen years old I had a list of contacts and an easy transition set-up for college.

Meanwhile, after school I was nursing a new relationship and maintaining a job at Circuit City. You know that place right; ancient structures sit in ruin all over this great nation of the largest consumer electronic store for the better half of three decades. Some times you will see the symbol of this great empire hiding behind the words of a temporary Halloween store- Okay okay I''l stop I guess it really isn't all I make it out to be but really I did love that place.

I have of course worked in the CAMERA! Department. I helped little old ladies find simple cameras and budding filmmakers get their first camcorder, microphone and tripod. It was a job I had a lot of fun working; it is also where I first met a friend that I speak with to this day. We attempted making a feature length film together and he also gave me some of the worst advice and best advice ever. Though I am trying to avoid tangents so I'll skip that for now.

Then every day for fun I would go home and role play with my friends. The great golden age of internet role play and not that weird kinky stuff but the geeky stuff. I was a great and power giant with the ability shrink and grow on command. I had magical armor that scaled with me. It was awesome! It was what I looked forward to every day. Creating this world with my friends on the Yahoo User rooms! Anybody worth meeting hung out at the Vampire Tavern. It was a small tavern with a bar, an inn, and a lake by which of course a full moon always reflected on to. It was here that I would meet my first serious girl friend.

This a girl that I met in the heat of battle – now in hindsight the only heat was from the friction of fingers on keyboard. (Really that “T3” style of combat was intense you had to type, with out typo, your action before your opponent. Typos were the typed equivalent of a rolling a 1 on a d20.) If I remember correctly she was being chased by ninjas or something stupid like that and I intervened all giant like and stuff. Oh her name? Lets call this girl Mary-sue; Mary for short. After talking for what seemed like forever I learned her name and that she was from Wisconsin! A full 800 miles away from my home in small town GA. We didn't let that stop us though. A few weeks later we were dating and we formed a plan.

Now she was a year older than me and already out of school but not started college. Our plan was simple after a couple of months she would move to GA and get an apartment. I would finish High School, start college, and move in with her. Seriously for 17 and 18 year old plans we were geniuses; How could this ever go wrong?

-Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment